A dental examination is important in keeping a good oral health. Some patients may need dental examinations every six months or longer whereas others may need more frequent examinations depending on their oral health. During a dental examination, our experienced dentists here at The Beeches will check the following:
- Face, neck, mouth and gums for any abnormalities
- Signs of mouth cancer
- Jaw bones
- Signs of decay
- Existing Fillings
- Dentures and bridges where applicable
Your dental examination may include a dental x-ray.
Some of the benefits of regular dental examinations are
- Early diagnosis of dental decay and treatment helping to prevent potential major problems
- Mouth cancer screening could help detect mouth cancer early and treat them without further complications.
- You could save yourself money in the long run if you attend your dental appointments regularly as problems detected early could be treated early.
- Good oral health means a healthier you.